Michael Lee Kim, an attorney with Hall Render whose area of expertise is immigration, was announced today as the speaker of the July 26 educational event “Foreign Physician Recruitment and Green Card Options for Foreign Healthcare Employees” from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children.
The complimentary session is the first of four events DFWHC is hosting in coordination with Hall Render as part of this summer’s “Hot Topic Healthcare Educational Series.”
Kim leads the firm’s immigration practice and focuses entirely on business immigration matters. He routinely handles a wide-range of employment-based immigration matters for hospitals, health care entities, physician practice groups, corporations, businesses and individuals across the U.S. including:
• J-1 Waivers of the 2-year Foreign Residency Requirement;
• H-1B petitions (Initial, Extension, Change of Status, and transfers);
• P-1 Petitions for Professional Athletes;
• Trade NAFTA Work Authorization;
• Religious workers;
• Schedule A Permanent Residency Petitions for Registered Nurses and Physical Therapists;
• Permanent Residency via PERM Labor Certification;
• National Interest Waivers for Physicians practicing in a Medically Underserved Area.
In addition, Kim provides daily counsel to numerous health care providers on matters such as I-9 Compliance, AC-21 Portability issues, International Charity Care and foreign national patient issues.
He has lectured on Immigration law issues for the Indiana Hospital Association, The Indiana Rural Hospital Association, and the Louisville Bar Association, and routinely publishes articles through the Indiana and Michigan Hospital Associations.
The “Hot Topic” series will also include:
• August 16, “Bullying & Workplace Harassment and Discipline & Discharge,” 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children;
• August 31, “False Claims Act Litigation and Internal Investigation Matters,” 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children;
• September 20, “Timeshare Arrangements for Visiting Physicians,” 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., Las Colinas Country Club.
The topics were approved by DFWHC President/CEO W. Stephen Love.
“These topics detail crucial issues all hospitals need to deal with in our rapidly changing industry,” said Love. “The objective is to provide complimentary education to North Texas hospitals while also providing opportunities to learn from national experts. It’s always a good time to discuss successful business strategies that are required for being a leader in the marketplace.”
You can register for the events by clicking the links above. You can also find the links here.
For information, please contact Jourdan Pruit at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 469-648-5116.