The Dallas Chapter of the UN is a national grassroots organization devoted to strengthening the U.S.- UN relationship through public education and advocacy. Love, plus seven additional recipients, were honored for their work through their organizations in helping to advance gender equality, immigration reform, humanitarianism and democracy.
Love was introduced by Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins. Additional honorees included:
• Roslyn Dawson Thompson, President/ CEO, Dallas Women’s Foundation;
• Gerald Britt, Vice President of Public Policy and Community Program Development, City Square;
• Dianne Solis, Senior Writer, Dallas Morning News;
• Paul Zoltan, Attorney at Law, Zoltan Law;
• Rev. Dr. Wes Magruder, Senior Pastor, Kessler Park United Methodist Church;
• Richard Marcus, President, The Marcus Company;
• Linda Abramson Evans, Founder and Chair, Committee on Refugees, UNA Dallas.
The UN Day Reception and Awards brings together community leaders, educators, legislators and faith and nonprofit organizations. Attendees engage on global affairs, civil and social justice and human rights.