IRVING, TX – A salute to the North Texas hospital workforce, the Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council Foundation’s (DFWHC Foundation) Annual Employee of the Year Luncheon celebrated its 18th year on April 22 with the announcement of the 2014 recipients at Irving Convention Center. More than 700 attendees turned out to honor the fourteen winners introduced from a pool of 50-plus area hospitals.
“We hope this luncheon can serve as a tool for hospitals to inspire great employees,” said Kristin Jenkins, president of the DFWHC Foundation. “Our goal is to make a difference by helping to build morale in our hospitals, improve quality of care, quality of life and recognize the importance of each individual. Every nominee, the best of the best of North Texas, deserved to be recognized.”
Rex McRae Scholarship
• Erik Sletten, VA North Texas Health Care System/UT Arlington College of Nursing
Nurse Preceptor Award
• Milagros Cruz, Registered Nurse, VA North Texas Health Care System
• Dr. Ignacio Nunez, Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital
• Lou and Synthia Pisz, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
Community Service Award
• Cameron Brown, Staff Care Chaplain, Cook Children’s Health Care System
• Dale Munday, Graphics Center Specialist, Methodist Health System
Special Recognition Awards
• Al Sypniewski, Registered Nurse, Baylor Medical Center at McKinney
• Prabh Jit Batra, Nurse Supervisor, Baylor Medical Center at Garland
• Victor Vera, Registered Nurse, Baylor Regional Medical Center at Grapevine
• Latora Scott, Heart Failure/Lung Disease, Baylor University Medical Center
Employee of the Year Awards
• Patti Wren, Rehab Supervisor, Our Children’s House at Baylor
• Alpha Jalloh, Sous Chef, HCA’s Medical Center of Lewisville
• Kathryn Davitt, Child Life Specialist, Cook Children’s Health Care System
• Glenn Timmons, Security Officer, Children’s Medical Center Dallas
David Hira, illusionist and inspirational speaker, served as guest keynote speaker. Daniela Decell, CEO of HCA’s Las Colinas Medical Center, and Harvey Fishero, chair of the DFWHC Foundation, served as masters of ceremonies. Board members of the Dallas-Fort Worth Healthcare Human Resources Association judged nominations with the names and hospitals removed.
The DFWHC Foundation is a non-profit 501c3 public charity with a mission to serve as a catalyst for continual improvement in community health and healthcare delivery through education, research, communication, collaboration and coordination.
April 23, 2014