IRVING, TX – A salute to the North Texas hospital workforce, the Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council Foundation’s (DFWHC Foundation) Annual Employee of the Year Luncheon celebrated its 16th year April 19 with the announcement of the 2012 recipients at the Arlington Convention Center. Twelve winners were introduced from a pool of 50 area hospitals.
“This event paid tribute to our nurses, technicians, educators and so many other dedicated professionals working in our hospitals. They are healthcare heroes of North Texas,” said Kristin Jenkins, president of the DFWHC Foundation. “This event is an opportunity to honor the positive spirit and efforts of these dedicated employees allowing our hospitals to function smoothly.”
The recipients were:
Rex McRae Scholarship
• Kimberly Cline, Patient Care Technician, Methodist Mansfield Medical Center, Student, El Centro College
• Dr. Anis Ansari, Internal Medicine, Baylor Medical Center at Carrollton
Community Service Award
• Shawna Underwood, Patient Care Technician, HCA’s Medical Center of Plano
• Janet Brady, Employee Activities Coordinator, Methodist Health System
Special Recognition Awards
• Nikki Best, Nursing Administration, THE HEART HOSPITAL Baylor Plano
• Dan Swan, Physical Therapist, Our Children’s House at Baylor
• Cindy Melis, Clinical Nursing Supervisor, Methodist Charlton Medical Center
• Michelle Baker, Registered Nurse, Medical City Dallas Hospital
Employee of the Year Awards
• Jaime Ball, Registered Nurse, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle
• Jackie Clifton, Registered Nurse, Tenet’s Lake Pointe Medical Center
• Hedgy MacDonald, Cardiovascular Invasive Tech, Baylor Medical Center at Garland
• Abi Finberg Provence, Staff Nurse ER, Methodist Dallas Medical Center
Drew Pearson, historic wide receiver of the Dallas Cowboys’ football team, served as guest speaker in support of the luncheon’s theme, “Healthcare Champions Among Us.” Jay Fox, president of Baylor Medical Center of Waxahachie, served as master of ceremonies. Board members of the Dallas-Fort Worth Healthcare Human Resources Association judged the nominations with the names of individuals and hospitals removed. Selections were based on the facts presented. The luncheon was sponsored by Fulbright & Jaworski, LLP and GroupOne Services, Inc.
The DFWHC Foundation is a non-profit 501c3 public charity with a mission to continually improve the community’s health by promoting safe, high quality, cost effective, accessible and equitable healthcare and by strengthening the workforce through education, research and collaboration.
April 20, 2012
Phone: (972) 717-4279