IRVING, TX – A salute to the North Texas hospital workforce, the Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council Foundation’s (DFWHC Foundation) Annual Employee of the Year Luncheon celebrated its 17th year April 18 with the announcement of the 2013 recipients at Irving Convention Center before more than 700 attendees. Thirteen winners were introduced from a pool of 50-plus area hospitals.
“This event paid tribute to our nurses, physicians, volunteers and so many other dedicated professionals. They are healthcare heroes of North Texas,” said Kristin Jenkins, president of the DFWHC Foundation. “This event is an opportunity to honor the positive spirit and efforts of these dedicated employees allowing our hospitals to function smoothly.”
The recipients were:
Rex McRae Scholarship
• Vanita Currin, Nurse Extern, Methodist Mansfield Medical Center, Student, El Centro College
• Dr. Hoyt Frenzel, Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital
• Al Wexler, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
Community Service Award
• Adam Whitman, Registered Nurse, HCA’s Medical Center of Lewisville
• Gaylene Stengel, Program Manager, Texas Health Resources
Special Recognition Awards
• Laura Sullivan, Registered Nurse, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen
• Sharon Smith, Registered Nurse, Methodist Mansfield Medical Center
• Mary Jo Walters, Nursing Clinical Coordinator, Methodist Charlton Medical Center
• Erica Lax, Exercise Physiologist, HCA’s Medical City Dallas Hospital
Employee of the Year Awards
• Jill Hannebaum, Speech Therapist, Our Children’s House at Baylor
• Valorie Graves, Food Service Cashier, Hunt Regional Medical Center
• Christine Roberts, Registered Nurse, Educator, Baylor Regional Medical Center at Grapevine
• Heather Storie, Speech Pathologist, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth
The Drum Cafe, a communal drumming team with a motivational message, served as guest speakers in support of the luncheon’s theme, “The HeartBeat of Healthcare.” Rick Merrill, president/CEO of Cook Children’s Health Care System, served as master of ceremonies. Board members of the Dallas-Fort Worth Healthcare Human Resources Association judged the nominations with the names of individuals and hospitals removed. Selections were based on the facts presented.
The DFWHC Foundation is a non-profit 501c3 public charity with a mission to serve as a catalyst for continual improvement in community health and healthcare delivery through education, research, communication, collaboration and coordination.
April 18, 2013
Phone: (972) 717-4279