Tickets are now available to the DFW Hospital Council’s (DFWHC) virtual 73rd Annual Awards Luncheon on October 20. Taking place from 12 noon to 1:30 p.m., the program will feature none other than Jim Craig as the keynote speaker, the goalkeeper of the U.S. Olympic “Miracle on Ice” hockey team.
The in-person Annual Awards Luncheon was cancelled this year due to COVID-19 public health concerns. For this year’s program themed “Heroes,” DFWHC will be utilizing a new virtual program to include tables of 10 and opportunities to network online from your own computer.
Sponsorships are also available, allowing your hospital or company a chance to thank the award recipients, have virtual seats at the event and have your ad presented to open the program.
The 2021 Distinguished Health Service Award will be presented during the program. This year’s award will recognize 17 county judges and their dedicated public health executives in North Texas for their tremendous support of hospitals during the COVID-19 pandemic. Recipients include:
• Hon. Chris Hill of Collin County;
• Hon. Clay Jenkins of Dallas County;
• Hon. Andy Eads of Denton County;
• Hon. Todd Little of Ellis County;
• Hon. Ronald Massingill of Hood County;
• Hon. Bobby Stovall of Hunt County;
• Hon. Roger Harmon of Johnson County;
• Hon. Hal Richards of Kaufman County;
• Hon. Pat Deen of Parker County;
• Hon. David Sweet of Rockwall County;
• Hon. Danny Chambers of Somervell County;
• Hon. Glen Whitley of Tarrant County;
• Hon. Alfonso Campos of Erath County;
• Hon. H.M. Davenport, Jr. of Navarro County;
• Hon. Shane Long of Palo Pinto County;
• Hon. Bill Magers of Grayson County;
• Hon. Nathaniel Moran of Smith County.
The recipient of the 2021 Young Healthcare Executive of the Year Award will be Christopher McLarty, associate vice president and chief nursing officer, ambulatory services at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
This year’s recipients of the Kerney Laday, Sr. Trustee of the Year Award include Ross McKnight of Baylor Scott & White Health; Dr. Paula Dobbs-Wiggins of Parkland Health & Hospital System; and James Young Wynne of Texas Health Resources.
Each recipient will receive a special award acknowledging their honor patterned after an Olympic gold medal noting the award and date.
Tickets and tables of 10 can be found here.
Hospital sponsorships can be found here.
Executive sponsorships for non-hospitals can be found here.
The event is sponsored in part by Hall Render and BKD, LLP.
For questions, please contact Chris Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.