Just one week until the DFW Hospital Council’s (DFWHC) virtual 73rd Annual Awards Luncheon on October 20. Tickets are still available!
A virtual networking session begins at 11:30 a.m. followed by the event from 12 noon to 1:30 p.m. The program will feature none other than Jim Craig as the keynote speaker, the goalkeeper of the U.S. Olympic “Miracle on Ice” hockey team.
For this year’s program themed “Heroes,” DFWHC will be utilizing a new virtual program to include tables of 10 and opportunities to network online from your own computer.
The 2021 Distinguished Health Service Award will be presented during the program. This year’s award will recognize 17 county judges and their dedicated public health executives in North Texas for their tremendous support of hospitals during the COVID-19 pandemic. Recipients include:
• Hon. Chris Hill of Collin County;
• Hon. Clay Jenkins of Dallas County;
• Hon. Andy Eads of Denton County;
• Hon. Todd Little of Ellis County;
• Hon. Alfonso Campos of Erath County;
• Hon. Bill Magers of Grayson County;
• Hon. Ronald Massingill of Hood County;
• Hon. Bobby Stovall of Hunt County;
• Hon. Roger Harmon of Johnson County;
• Hon. Hal Richards of Kaufman County;
• Hon. H.M. Davenport, Jr. of Navarro County;
• Hon. Shane Long of Palo Pinto County;
• Hon. Pat Deen of Parker County;
• Hon. David Sweet of Rockwall County;
• Hon. Nathaniel Moran of Smith County;
• Hon. Danny Chambers of Somervell County;
• Hon. Glen Whitley of Tarrant County.
The recipient of the 2021 Young Healthcare Executive of the Year Award will be Christopher McLarty, associate vice president and chief nursing officer, ambulatory services at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
This year’s recipients of the Kerney Laday, Sr. Trustee of the Year Award include Ross McKnight of Baylor Scott & White Health; Dr. Paula Dobbs-Wiggins of Parkland Health & Hospital System; and James Young Wynne of Texas Health Resources.
Each recipient will receive a special award patterned after an Olympic gold medal noting the date.
Tickets and tables of 10 can be found here.
The event is sponsored in part by Hall Render and BKD, LLP.
For questions, please contact Chris Wilson at email@example.com.