The DFW Hospital Council (DFWHC) would like to thank the sponsors of its virtual 73rd Annual Awards Luncheon on October 20. Sponsors included:
Baylor Scott & White Health
Medical City Healthcare
Parkland Health & Hospital System
Texas Health Resources
Methodist Health System
“This event would not be possible without our sponsors,” said Stephen Love, president/CEO of DFWHC. “We would like to thank their participation. Their support of healthcare in North Texas over the years has been extraordinary.”
The 2021 Distinguished Health Service Award was presented during the program, recognizing 17 county judges and their dedicated public health executives in North Texas (video below) for their support of hospitals during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Hon. Chris Hill of Collin County;
• Hon. Clay Jenkins of Dallas County;
• Hon. Andy Eads of Denton County;
• Hon. Todd Little of Ellis County;
• Hon. Alfonso Campos of Erath County;
• Hon. Bill Magers of Grayson County;
• Hon. Ronald Massingill of Hood County;
• Hon. Bobby Stovall of Hunt County;
• Hon. Roger Harmon of Johnson County;
• Hon. Hal Richards of Kaufman County;
• Hon. H.M. Davenport, Jr. of Navarro County;
• Hon. Shane Long of Palo Pinto County;
• Hon. Pat Deen of Parker County;
• Hon. David Sweet of Rockwall County;
• Hon. Nathaniel Moran of Smith County;
• Hon. Danny Chambers of Somervell County;
• Hon. Glen Whitley of Tarrant County.
The recipient of the 2021 Young Healthcare Executive of the Year Award was Christopher McLarty, associate vice president and chief nursing officer, ambulatory services at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
This year’s recipients of the Kerney Laday, Sr. Trustee of the Year Award included Ross McKnight of Baylor Scott & White Health; Dr. Paula Dobbs-Wiggins of Parkland Health & Hospital System; and James Young Wynne of Texas Health Resources.
The program featured Jim Craig as keynote speaker, the goalkeeper of the 1980 U.S. Olympic “Miracle on Ice” hockey team.
Each recipient will receive a special award patterned after an Olympic gold medal noting the date and event.