A DJ‘s in the house – DFWHC’s Love is off and running with “The Human Side of Health Care”
DFW Hospital Council President/CEO W. Stephen Love has become a regular radio DJ over the past two months as host of the KRLD 1080 AM program “The Human Side of Health Care.” Co-hosted with KRLD’s Thomas Miller, the program will run on Sunday’s from 1:00-2:00 p.m. CST throughout the year.
This weekend will be a special episode as Janet St. James, formerly of Ch. 8 and today with Medical City Healthcare, will discuss her struggles with breast cancer. You don’t want to miss this touching and inspirational episode.
“We’re off to a great start,” Love said. “What we’re attempting to do is inspire community awareness on the many programs provided by our area hospitals. There is just so much work being done in the metroplex that you never hear about in the news. This is a chance to provide a forum highlighting our hospitals’ activities.”
Guests during the first month have included:
• Stacie Goran of Children’s Health;
• Jason Isham of Children’s Health;
• Lara Burnside of JPS Health Network;
• Richard Carter of Hunt Regional Medical Center;
• Ryan Eason of Medical City Healthcare;
• Janet St. James of Medical City Healthcare;
• John Phillips of Methodist Dallas Medical Center;
• Sherry Cusumano of Medical City Green Oaks;
• Ron Sylvan of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD);
• Dr. Phillip Huang of Dallas County Health and Human Services;
• Kellie Rodriguez of Parkland Health & Hospital System;
• Dr. Don Sewell of Baylor Scott & White Health;
• Niki Shah of Baylor Scott & White Health;
• Dr. Karen Schultz of Cook Children’s;
• Charles Smith formerly of Texas Health and Human Services Commission;
• and Dr. Ben Levine of UT Southwestern and Texas Health Resources.